Aerospace in Washington
• Washington’s aerospace industry includes approximately 650 companies located in 28 counties. They manufacture aerospace parts, tools, composites, and do design, subassembly and repairs.
• 209,000 direct and indirect jobs are supported by aerospace companies.
• Approximately $5.4 billion is paid in annual wages to aerospace workers.
• Aerospace workers earn an average of more than $50,000 a year, this is 60 percent higher than the average for all private sector industries.
• Most aerospace companies are relatively small businesses — many with five to 50 employees.
• The Seattle metropolitan statistical area (which includes Everett, Bellevue and Renton) has the highest concentration of aerospace jobs in the world.